Translate

Saturday, March 21, 2020

"Seeing with New Eyes" a meditation on John 9:1-41



(Art in the Christian Tradition Jean and Alexander Heard Divinity Library Vanderbilt)

This is a YouTube video in which I share a reading from the Gospel lesson for the Fourth Sunday in Lent and share some thoughts about the beautiful story of the healing of the man born blind.  This is one of my favorite miracles of Jesus.  His compassion is put in such stark contrast to the religious leaders fear about the implications of Jesus ministry.  Yet the story challenges me also.  Do I see with the same eyes that Jesus does?  I hope that this miracle of Jesus will touch your heart as we see how an act of kindness became a controversy.  To launch the video, simply click on the image of Jesus healing the man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment